A large part of a company’s operations may happen indoors, which explains the need to use appropriate interior lighting fixtures. However, exterior lighting should not be overlooked, even if you’re running a day-shift only company. Exterior commercial lights are even more important if you have night-shift staff. These are used to tighten security and equip the office with adequate light so that it would still be conducive for productivity even at night.
We know that electricity bills account to a considerable chunk of your monthly budget. So the question now is what are the types of lights to install for your commercial office? When shopping for supplies, you have to consider energy and cost efficiency. For many Master Electricians and business owners, LED light is the best type to have for its quality, sustainability and cost. You can then look for the following fixtures – these are the basic fixtures to have for your office exterior:
- Lamp Posts – These are perfect for the gates, near doorways, front steps and other entryways to the office.
- Outdoor Wall-Mount Fixtures – Use these to provide ambient light for the sidewalk and walkways.
- Security Lights – These can be installed in the guardhouse and can be connected to a control system inside the building to boost your building’s security and emergency features.
- Floodlights – With their broad beam, floodlights are best installed near the guardhouse, as well. With these, the security personnel on duty will have a wider view of the building and they will be able to spot unauthorised people easily.
- Tapered Poles – These are perfect for your parking areas. Just install wide beamed lights and set these up strategically to maximise the light.
- Roadway Lights – These are the perfect companions for your tapered poles.
- Festive String Lights – Install these in the front steps to add a touch of style to your building’s entrance area.
- Deck and Patio Lights – If you have a deck or garden surrounding your building, make sure to have these types of lights to provide your tenants or employees with a comfortable and stylish outdoor lounge area.
With just these eight outdoor lighting options, you can develop a safe and stylish exterior area. Congratulations if you already have these fixtures installed. All you need to do now is to contact a master Melbourne electrician to maintain and check these features regularly. However, if you’re planning to open an office in Victoria, Australia and you’re looking for experts to set these up, make sure to contact reliable commercial electrical work experts in Melbourne. Just dial 1300 EDC SOL(1300 332 765) to have a chat with one of EDC Solutions’ Master Electricians. They know how to install all these types of outdoor lighting, making your exterior beautification project fast and hassle-free.