Are you in need inspiration on how to light up your commercial office? Are you thinking about the big picture and long-term sustainability of your luminaire? You might like to pick up one of these recent trends in the commercial lighting technology. These are still recent developments in the industry but are foreseen to take up a huge market share in the coming years because of their cost and energy-efficiency:
- LED – Unless a more sustainable, cost efficient type of lighting fixture will hit the market, LEDs will remain to be the most in-demand product for many years to come. LED boasts of its energy efficient design, consuming lower power than its fluorescent counterpart. This also makes it eco-friendly and a worthy investment in all aspects.
- Cloud/Web-Based Remote Control Systems – Having seen the consistent growth in demand for LED lights, manufacturers also integrate remote controls in the design. Soon, turning on and off the lights could be done in a single click of the mouse.
- Solar-powered lights – Solar energy is a sustainable and economical source of power yet to be harnessed. Once scientists will be able to find a way to marry the cost, maintenance and sustainability of solar-powered lights, these will start to become one of the mainstream electrical products.
- Colour Tuning – Comprehensive innovations to the LED technology might also lead to the addition of colour tuning features. Experts foresee that this would allow users to adjust the colours of LEDs to suit the demands of specific room or office spaces. For instance, there might be dim-to-warm adjustment that is perfectly suited to homes and restaurants. At the same time, commercial spaces can opt for the white colour tone, which is preferred by most employees.
- Controls and Sensors – Experts also foresee the coming of lighting fixtures that come with built-in sensors, allowing it to automatically turn on or off when the room is used. These are best for commercial areas, especially for function halls, work stations and indoor parking lots.
- Use of smart glass alongside smart lighting – LED is fondly called smart lighting. Pair this up with smart glass that helps regulate entry and exit of light and you’ll have an office or home that’s always at a cosy temperature. Using smart glass for windows and walls is a good way to regulate glare in commercial buildings. In turn, this helps ensure offices are well-lit without consuming too much energy.
The lighting industry has a lot in store for us consumers, with the latest tech advances like automation, colour tuning and sensor integration creeping into the features of lights. In fact, you can actually start to implement one or a couple of these trends along with your existing indoor and outdoor commercial lighting options. All we need to do is plan carefully on how we would like our offices and homes to look and feel. This will allow us to choose the right fixtures.
As your leading commercial electrical work contractors in Melbourne, we’re always here to help you in all aspects of lighting work, be it for the installation, rewire, upgrade or maintenance. Just dial 1300 EDC SOL(1300 332 765) to talk with one of our Master Electricians, get a quote and get your project going and completed as soon as possible.